Monday, February 23, 2015

The Toothpaste Millionaire

        This week I read The Toothpaste Millionaire by Jean Merrill this book is about a sixth grader named Rufus Mayflower who thinks that toothpaste costs too much. He bets he can make a gallon of his own toothpaste for the same amount of money that one tube that he can buy. Rufus gets in to making a business with his good friend Kate MacKinstrey. He expands his business getting aluminum tubes, making commercials and more things.

         This book is really good, I don't think it is very well written but it's a good story.

         I choose books honestly by their cover. People say to not judge a book by its cover, but I do. If a book looks bad, I will read it. It's kind of simple actually, I pick books that look like they have bad covers. Because sometimes there are books that are really good but people never recommend them. I try to find those books, and then recommend them to people.

TBR
13 reasons why
Harry potter and the deathly hallows
The Giver

4 comments:

  1. I found it! This book kind of sounds like a cool book (maybe). I'll look into it. I think how you choose books is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't find it, sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this... I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting book I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete